When to compriband

eandg

1 hour ago, eandg said:

Thanks - so question is whether 10mm gap would be too tight now to get the compriband (I have the 7/12mm stuff) in?

That worked for me. As @Gone West I've heard the idea of putting in the fridge first, I did mine in January* in Scotland so that wasn't an issue! 

Cut & fit lengths one at a time - a roll of electrical tape is useful to bind the roll back up tight in between cuts, to stop it expanding as you work.

* We have stopped putting years on dates related to our project. It will still, as was always the plan, be complete in "Summer". 🤣

6 minutes ago, andyscotland said:

That worked for me. As @Gone West I've heard the idea of putting in the fridge first, I did mine in January* in Scotland so that wasn't an issue! 

Cut & fit lengths one at a time - a roll of electrical tape is useful to bind the roll back up tight in between cuts, to stop it expanding as you work.

* We have stopped putting years on dates related to our project. It will still, as was always the plan, be complete in "Summer". 🤣

11 minutes ago, Gone West said:

I've done that without problem. Best done when the weather is cold so it doesn't expand too quickly. I have heard that putting the Compriband in the fridge before doing it, helps, but I've not done that.

Thanks both... will be doing in Scotland in February so there are fridge-like qualities in the natural environment! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, andyscotland said:

Cut & fit lengths one at a time

4.3m lengths, should be applied around the window in one length (if possible, you might need more than 1 roll per window/door) and pinched at the corners.

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, craig said:

4.3m lengths, should be applied around the window in one length (if possible, you might need more than 1 roll per window/door) and pinched at the corners.

Oops, I didn't do that. Did a vertical length up to the corner and then another side to side slightly too long for the width so the joint pushed itself together. I think I must have read that somewhere... Or maybe I just made it up.