Leaking boxed in soil pipe in roof of house extension.

Hello.

We had an extension built 14 years ago and the soil pipe from the loo and bathroom was re-routed through the extension roof. The loo is behind the window in the first photo. The bath/shower is to its right. I've noticed we often have water seepage from where the air pipe joins the boxed in soil pipe. At the moment there is a frozen stream of ice in that area. See photos. 

We have no history of loo blockages or slow drainage of the bath. Is the drained water backing up in the soil pipe? 

If we needed to get someone to investigate would the pipe have to be unboxed? 

Any thoughts appreciated. 

IMG_20230122_112007.jpg

IMG_20230122_112030.jpg

IMG_20230122_112054.jpg

IMG_20230122_112116.jpg

IMG_20230122_112137.jpg

IMG_20230122_112154.jpg

Edited by DaveAF
Forgot some information.

I would say the water marks on the roofing felt are just run off of water coming down the wall and around the pipe. The damp areas at the lower end could well be condensation forming on the pipe in the roof space. 
I would bet there is nothing wrong with the pipe itself, more the detail of how it’s. Fitted wrapped etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markc said:

I would say the water marks on the roofing felt are just run off of water coming down the wall and around the pipe. The damp areas at the lower end could well be condensation forming on the pipe in the roof space. 
I would bet there is nothing wrong with the pipe itself, more the detail of how it’s. Fitted wrapped etc.

Thanks for that. 

One more question about this.

I'll admit that I've got the idea of the pipe having a partial blockage on the brain but if there were a partial blockage would there be signs of that?

Such as the loo, bath and upstairs and downstairs sinks, dishwasher and washing machine all emptying really slowly? Everything seems to empty normally. 

20 minutes ago, markc said:

You have a rodding point, take the cap off and get someone to flush the loo (don’t use it first) if the water rushes past the hole then you don’t have a blockage issue

Did what you said. Water from the flush going past the rodding point at speed. Looks like there's no blockage after all. Thanks. 

• Like 1