Grade II listed former dovecote leaning to one side

giacomo_z

I am considering to put an offer in for an 18th century, timber framed former dovecote, which was extended in the sixties with 2 lean-to extensions. 

The main part of the building is 2 floors + loft and I can clearly see it is “sliding away”, so much so that there is a substantial gap of about 2inches between one of the window frames at the ground floor and the wall. What professionals should I get involved to check what work would be required to put it right?

I can add pictures if it helps.

Thank you

Structural Engineer to survey it but if it’s leaning or canting over by that much then it is going to need serious work. £50k off is peanuts - I would expect it is also a listed building and the £50k could be swallowed in fees and professionals before you’ve made any sort of change to it to make it habitable.

I am reminded of the old Tithe Barn in the village I used to live.  A large 600 yer old structure that while superficially okay, was leaning, the roof was warped and leaking and a lot of rotten timber.

It was sold for something in the region of £200K to the Astom Martin Owners club who stripped it bare rebuilt the frame, re roofed and re clad it all under the watch of English Heritage as listed building.  The restoration cost many times the purchase price.

Look at the building in this link, not the cars 

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x4876955c67ed843f:0x89ea14e1091ccede!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPl32oFKQj4QtfNm0nxNi0YyIZFVbOCbEBtAhKW%3Dw242-h160-k-no!5sAMOC+barn+drayton+st+leonard+restoration+-+Google+Search!15zQ2dJZ0FRPT0&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipPl32oFKQj4QtfNm0nxNi0YyIZFVbOCbEBtAhKW&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjFnOD-wMr8AhVsSUEAHaNaDuIQ7ZgBegQIFxAC

I know yours is probably a different scale, but money pit is still what springs to mind.