Velux VFE Windows Air Tightness issue

GrantMcscott

Hi 

We have Velux VFE Windows see pick.  On the Windiest part of the house the gasket that seals the Windows let’s quit a big draft in at the corners.  

Wondering if if anyone else has had this issue with Velux and what they did about it.  

Going to to contact them on Monday as had to put scarfs on the window sills to stop drafts

68A42F89-1A50-4416-ADD8-844F7483AEEE.jpeg

Edited by GrantMcscott
Added pic

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2023 at 21:05, Sparrowhawk said:

Did you get anywhere? I am pretty sure I have air leaks too but Velux technical services are impossible to make see reason.

No, Still not fixed.  Our house is in a valley and when the wind is above 20Mph the seals do not hold on the Velux windows and the wind howels in

Going to email Velux today.

On 23/01/2023 at 21:05, Sparrowhawk said:

Did you get anywhere? I am pretty sure I have air leaks too but Velux technical services are impossible to make see reason.

Got this responce from Velux

To provide you with some more context regarding the issue being experienced. The vertical windows are classed as class 3 for air permeability, this means that they can allow up-to 3x as more air through them as their sloping counterparts which are class 4.

However we are aware of the issue, and are currently working with our production team to provide a solution on how to improve the air tightness of the windows. I understand this is not ideal at the moment, however once we have a solution we can then arrange a service call to have our technician attend your property.