Internal birdcage scaffold in vaulted area for timber frame erection?

Our Timber Frame company has asked for a birdcage scaffold in the internal double height area of our living room, to be used during erection.

I've heard of scaffolding being used internally for decorating, plastering etc, but not for the erection of a timber frame. Has anyone got experience here?

Will be a semi-open panel system, pre-fabricated in factory and craned/put together on-site.

3D render of space for context and highlighted yellow on floorplan.

Screenshot 2023-01-14 130655.jpg

Living Room Section.jpg

If they’ve asked for it they clearly think they need it. You could always ask them. Are they installing the rooflights? 

Our ceiling is vaulted and, so far, the only requirement is scaffolding and a telehandler. 

Edited by Kelvin

We had to provide birdcage scaffolding for our TF Co for the vaulted rooms.   Our scaffolder brought a movable tower which they used both on the ground floor and on the 1st floor. Towers are easier for them to move around as the need arises. But I'd check that that is OK with the TF Co 1st.

Simon

PS Should add that we had a full spec for the scaffolding from the TF Co.

Edited by Bramco

30 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

If they’ve asked for it they clearly think they need it. You could always ask them. Are they installing the rooflights? 

Our ceiling is vaulted and, so far, the only requirement is scaffolding and a telehandler. 

I have asked them, but they're "not sure and are checking on what's exactly required". No they're not installing the rooflights, our glazing company will be doing that.

I thought I could get some answers over the weekend and come back to them with a bit of knowledge.

2 minutes ago, Bramco said:

We had to provide birdcage scaffolding for our TF Co for the vaulted rooms.   Our scaffolder brought a movable tower which they used both on the ground floor and on the 1st floor. Towers are easier for them to move around as the need arises. But I'd check that that is OK with the TF Co 1st.

Simon

Good point on the moveable tower, guessing you kept this for the other trades (plastering etc.)?

Will of course check with the TF Co.

We have very similar double height space. No internal scaffolding to build the shell (brick and block + trusses). Even the roof windows were installed from outside by the roofer. Got my own tower for insulating, plastering and painting.

5 hours ago, thefoxesmaltings said:

Good point on the moveable tower, guessing you kept this for the other trades (plastering etc.)?

That one went back - it was on hire. A new one arrived when the main contractor took over from the TF Co.   I say new, it had seen better days!!   But yes, the other trades all used it.

Simon