MVHR ASHP and UFH

Hi,

Looking to install MVHR and an air source heat pump to run the underfloor heating. Any recommendations for suppliers and installers? I have approached Total Home Environment who do the full package using NU Heat for the UFH. Any other companies to consider?

MVHR nothing to do with UFH or ASHP so don't be going to a single supplier.

Is this a new build or renovation? Lots of factors to consider and it helps to have as much as possible detailed before speaking to different suppliers so you can better compare and contrast quotes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conor said:

MVHR nothing to do with UFH or ASHP so don't be going to a single supplier.

Is this a new build or renovation? Lots of factors to consider and it helps to have as much as possible detailed before speaking to different suppliers so you can better compare and contrast quotes.

Hi Conor I do realise it's not all part of the same system. It's a new timber frame build so I am just investigation the various options and Total Home Environment can provide the whole package. That said I am keen to get various quotes to compare as I know roughly the spec I need to install. I got a quote from one ASHP supplier, they don't have good reviews and almost immediately tried to sell me a system on credit which I don't want!

Renewable energy companies are the new double glazing salesmen......    Lot's of sucking of teeth etc.

If it's new build make sure that you get the Boiler Upgrade Scheme £5k - sounds crazy but it does apply to self builds as well as replacing existing boilers.

We had our main contractors do the insulated slab and the DHW tank and UFH buffer tank - both with double immersions. Only after that did we install the ASHP and that was basically because it cost us £200 with the BUS grant.

So do all the heat loss analysis etc. and only put in what is absolutely necessary.

MVHR is, as Conor said completely separate - you should be able to find an MVHR expert in the area and I'll bet they'll be a lot cheaper than your chaps that can do it all.

Simon

• Like 1

Pay £8k more than you need too to save £5k through the BUS? Not the way I’d go but each to their own.

Have you got a heat load for the property yet? That’s the first port of call.

Edited by HughF
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2023 at 14:32, Hargrid said:

Hi,

Looking to install MVHR and an air source heat pump to run the underfloor heating. Any recommendations for suppliers and installers? I have approached Total Home Environment who do the full package using NU Heat for the UFH. Any other companies to consider?

We used total home to design and supply our MVHR and our builder has installed it. I believe that total home subcontract our the install. They were really very good, worked with us through a design change when we went with trusses and have been very useful and communicative. 

Edited by SBMS