Self builder new member

lyy

I have been  looking online mainly right move i also registered for the right to build register over a year ago but have no heard anything since from any of the council i selected. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed. 

15 minutes ago, lyy said:

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed. 

Don’t rule out demolishing something rubbish & replacing with new.  Not always the  cheapest option, but when you factor in services connection costs for clear plots, and it’s often quicker and easier to get PP (more relevant considering inflation), it might be a viable option.

26 minutes ago, lyy said:

I have been  looking online mainly right move i also registered for the right to build register over a year ago but have no heard anything since from any of the council i selected. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed. 

Don’t expect anything from the right to build registration, I’ve been on a couple of registers for around 4 years and chased then several times with nothing back except I am registered and occasionally how many planning applications they have approved to cover the number of previous registrations.

• Like 1

Shouldn't they be offering or making plots available for self builders. We can't compete with big developers i thought the register was there to give us a  helping hand otherwise what is the point of it 

34 minutes ago, lyy said:

Shouldn't they be offering or making plots available for self builders. We can't compete with big developers i thought the register was there to give us a  helping hand otherwise what is the point of it 

When you look at the documents and legislation it doesn’t say they should make plots available, I was originally under the same impression but after being fobbed off a few times I dug deeper. There are plots available but most are way over priced due to having planning permission for 2,3 or even 4 houses on postage stamp size plots.