Box profile roofing - eaves details needed.

I'm still busy fitting my wood fibre board cladding and have come to the point I need to finalise the eaves detail of our sun room, even though it will be some time before the roofing material actually goes on.

The sun room is a single storey room with a low pitched roof clad in box profile steel sheets. I haven't even begun to look and which one etc.

What I need to work out just now is how the eaves detail works with box profile rofing as I have never used this berfore.

With a tiled roof, I set the fascia board height so that it has a ventilator strip on top of it and it set to the correct height so that the bottom tile rests on that ventilator strip.

So do I do the same with box profile rofing? i.e use the same sort of ventilator strip and set it at a height where fascia plus ventilator stip just touches the underside of the roof sheets?

OR to I not fit a ventilator strip at all and set the fascia so the wood of the fascia board touches the underside of the box profile sheeting?  That would only leave the "bumps" in the roofing sheet to provide ventilation.

And also, whichever option I choose, how do you fill in the "bumps" to stop birds and rodents going up under the roof sheets? I presume you buy a filler piece, is that solid, or perforated for ventilation?

Not sure about the rest but the "filler piece" on my workshop, that is attached to the back of the house is made of soft rubber and seems to be just held in place by compression. 

I have just fitted box profile roofing to my garage which needs no ventilation like a house, the roofing came with fillers which are solid black foam stuff so would not give ventilation but stops rodents ( bats in my case sssshhhhhhh) from entering. I don't know of a material to use but guess rolled up chicken wire would do, bit like a Brillo pad. :) I bought mine from cladco and they were very helpful.

Edited by joe90
Addition

So I am guessing the "filler piece" is not individual bits just to fill the "bumps" but a continuos strip? So what is the typical thickness of the "thin" bit of it?

So it looks like I will need to allow for a ventilator strip and then this filler piece?

• 2 weeks later...

To finish this thread off, here is what I arrived at.

Almost identical to how I did the main tiled roofs, except the height is set to the roof profile (as mocked up here by the spirit level) does not quite touch the ventilator strips, to allow the filler profile to be fixed (glued) to the top of the ventilator strips.

sunroom eaves detail.jpg