Daikin Altherma 3 Monobloc R32 - Recommended heat pump?

About to pull the trigger on this ASHP. From what I can see, it's about 1 year old and has some pretty good efficiency stats. Wanted to ask if anyone has direct experience with this unit?

Are you happy with the performance (particularly in this colder weather!) or wishing you had gone for a different unit?

Also it's not clear if it uses an inverter driven compressor. i.e. so that it can run at variable speeds and not just 'off' and 'on'. Daikin state "Hermetically sealed swing compressor".

image.png.359106ed30aab5d9defc7aab80696dfe.png

image.thumb.png.0f45a112e6aa030b9229395ffcaef06d.png

22 minutes ago, ProDave said:

My first question to the seller is WHY are you selling a 1 year old ASHP?  In what way has it failed to meet your expectations that you feel you need to change it?

Ah, confusion of wording I think. About to 'pull the trigger', as in I am about to buy this ASHP for a new build and asking for experience on the particular model.

18 minutes ago, thefoxesmaltings said:

Ah, confusion of wording I think. About to 'pull the trigger', as in I am about to buy this ASHP for a new build and asking for experience on the particular model.

Sorry you mentioned 1 year old so I made 2+2=5 and assumed you were looking at buying a second hand unit.

• Like 1

Hi @thefoxesmaltings

If your going to have it installed under MCS standards, you should look closely at the requirements like the dBA (sound) level.

Just in case you haven't done it yet I would suggest you read all of the below installation file. This should reassure you more. (there's a bit on how to ensure the sound level complies with requirements) 

https://mcscertified.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/MIS-3005-I-Heat-Pump-Installation-Issue-1.0.pdf

Good luck

M

Edited by Marvin
clarification

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hi @thefoxesmaltings

If your going to have it installed under MCS standards, you should look closely at the requirements like the dBA (sound) level.

Just in case you haven't done it yet I would suggest you read all of the below installation file. This should reassure you more. (there's a bit on how to ensure the sound level complies with requirements) 

https://mcscertified.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/MIS-3005-I-Heat-Pump-Installation-Issue-1.0.pdf

Good luck

M

That's helpful. Will definately take a read, thank you.

16 minutes ago, PhilT said:

https://saturnsales.co.uk/images/products/editor/Daikin_Altherma_3_Monobloc.pdf

says inverter driven, and can do heating, reversable heating and cooling. Looks pretty impressive on paper - certainly the specs are up there with the other leading brands/models

For some reason the datasheet on Daikin's website didn't have that information in the datasheet. Great find @PhilT - thank you.

• 1 month later...