Fabdec Stainless Steel Cylinders

Does anyone have one of these or know anything about them. My ASHP quote (11.2kW Ecodan) has the 275 litre one listed as the tank included. This is all the information I have: DHW Cylinders.pdf

The information from Alto Energy doesn't say it's an Excelsoir, but here is that brochure: https://fabdec.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Excelsior-Brochure_221103b_lq.pdf

That doesn't list 275 litre option, but Fabdec have no other range listed based on a quick look at their website (https://fabdec.com/en/water-heating/)

Edited by MortarThePoint

The 275L tank has a heat loss figure of 1.64kWh/day so 68W which is better than the Gledhill Stainless Lite Plus (~80W) and Grant QR (2.1kWh/day) but a bit worse than the Valliant ones (1.5kW/day). Each 0.1kWh of heat loss is probably 0.025kWh of electricity, so at 40p/kWh that would 1p/day, £3.65/year. The Fabdec would be 16.4p/day so £60/year.

It only has one immersion heater, is that a concern?

1 hour ago, JohnMo said:

I may be wrong, but the coil sizes in the brochure look small for a heat pump?

Could be a custom build heat pump cylinder with a larger coil, hence the slightly higher over all capacity of the cylinder?

The Alto PDF lists it as 3m2 which is the same as the Gledhill. I can't see a number for the Valliant.

I guess the greater the area the more quickly you can heat the water.

6 hours ago, MortarThePoint said:

What is the benefit of twin coil? Do you have solar thermal or something, or is it about giving you the ability to just heat the top of the cylinder?

Yes solar thermal lower and boiler coil midway.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...