LG Air to Water heat pump, monitor electricity

RuDee

Hello, we have installed LG Therma V; HU161.U33/HN1616.NK3, also have purchased meter interface PENKTH000, but i am not able to monitor the energy consumption. Is there anything that we missing, or it just a matter of settings?

Thank you in advance!

Would have thought you would simply put an electric meter between the consumer unit and the heat pump?

An interface units sounds like a unit that allows one bit of kit to speak or communicate with another.  Rather than a read out?

3 hours ago, JohnMo said:

Would have thought you would simply put an electric meter between the consumer unit and the heat pump?

That's what I have.  If you installed a heat pump during the latter years of the RHI you were obliged to have a dedicated electricity meter for the heat pump.  But I can only measure the electrical energy in, not the heat out. 

I am based in Bulgaria, and from what i've read and been told from my installer this unit (PENKTH000) should read the energy consumption from the controller of the heat pump. But in reality that's not the case. And this unit costs a lot, and it seems is just useless for me. I could order just one smart contact rated at 16A and plug my heat pump and get the readings right away...

I sid mine the "old fashioned" way.

Old dual rate electricity meter in line with the feed. (it was hard enough finding any dual rate meter for sale, this was the best I could get)

electric_meter.thumb.jpg.1c6cb4a3d2e22254aa0cead4913ad682.jpg

The pilot wire is switched from the demand to the HW motorised valve, so the day rate reading on the meter is the electricity used when space heating, and the off peak reading is the electricity consumed when heating DHW