Replacement of Fascias & Soffits - Chrysotile Query

Long story short… I have asked a National company to replace my fascias and soffits. They sent out surveyor and he took a piece of material away to test and turns out my very small soffit is chrysotile cement board type. So they are already charging an extortionate amount so I enquired about getting it removed myself a couple of days prior to installation. They have said this is fine but they need a clean air certificate in order to proceed with the install following the removal. As this is all outside, surely it would just be measuring the cleanliness of the countryside air, I don’t get it. 

Can anyone shed any light on this nonsense? 

Many thanks 

Talk to another company, also send a sample in for your own benefit. It’s probably cement board so only precautions are don’t smash it, don’t grind it, wear a decent mask and it must be put into closed bags and taken to disposal site (informing them what you have).

Thanks Mark, they sent me a report back with the details on. Do you still think I should send off my own? I’m sure it can be removed in whole pieces and they are just making extra work and expense. I think they said if it was unlicensed then they would have removed it themselves but as it is licensed then they won’t.

@Angelheart I used an asbestos self test and found the whole inside of my old bungalow was lined with Chrysotile panels and the roof tiles were also Chrysotile. I had the panels removed professionally and removed and bagged the roof tiles myself which were then removed by the company. They did a clean air test inside but not outside. I would always do my own test as I do not tend to trust companies like that. That is further backed up by the fact they are asking for an outside clean air test.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Asbestos-Sample-Testing-Instructions-Postage/dp/B0862B9JZB/