Emergency Flood Pump

Ralph

We came within a whisker of being flooded on Friday when our stream burst it's banks and it came over our bund. I'm going to be doing some flood prevention ground work but it's going to take time. 

I think a pump wood have made a difference so I'm looking at something like this Clarke one.

Any recommendations?

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-pw80a-3-petrol-powered-water-pump/

43 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Would it really make a difference?  A burst stream overtopping a bund is likely to be a lot more water than that will pump.  Raise the bund further? 

It's a fair point, I might be better getting some sandbags until we can raise the bund. 

8 hours ago, saveasteading said:

1m3 / minute is serious pumping. But where would you pump it to?

Back into the stream but further down, once it's passed the house. By that point it's flooded across the fields on the opposite bank.

We have a burn through our garden that on occasions gets close to over topping.  My strategy was raise the ground level on the house side (and the house is already higher than the ground level) but leave the ground level on the other side as it was.  So it will first over top onto the other side of the burn which in effect massively increases the capacity of the burn long before it over tops on the house side.  Our own mini flood plain.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

We have a burn through our garden that on occasions gets close to over topping.  My strategy was raise the ground level on the house side (and the house is already higher than the ground level) but leave the ground level on the other side as it was.  So it will first over top onto the other side of the burn which in effect massively increases the capacity of the burn long before it over tops on the house side.  Our own mini flood plain.

The burn actually comes over further along, not on our land then floods the field next to us which then eventually floods us. I do have a piece of land between the house and the garage that we try and divert the flood to, it's lowerwith banked sides and it almost managed the water.