Softened water connected to the heating circuit.

Question

I have a Tapworks water softener installed a few months ago, and I can see that the heating circuit is connected to it.  (I have unvented cylinder with a Worcester-Bosch boiler).

I have read that the heating circuit should be not connected to softened water, but it is connected.  Please see photo showing the connections.   There is one only bypass pipe for the kitchen sink (highlighted in red), and the silver flexible tubes are fed via the water softener.  

Is this OK and is there anything I should do? 

heating circuit2.jpg

Does this apply to ASHP? Should it be filled with mains water using the bypass, or can it be on the soft water circuit?

The Harvey’s note is about boilers. 

Existing thread here, but not conclusive.

Just did a quick search and came across this advice. 

https://www.sjwatersofteners.co.uk/is-it-safe-and-beneficial-to-use-soft-water-in-my-boiler/

This is specifically for boilers and clarifies between hot water side (soft okay) and central heating side (hard). Not sure how this applies to ASHP, as my simple understanding is that they only have a heating side. 

Edited by Nick Laslett

Thanks.  I think I may have a problem.  

The hot water circuit and radiator circuits look as though they are connected to each other and the water of these two circuits will mix, even though there are two motorised valves.  (unvented cylinder with a Worcester-Bosch boiler).  So, it seems that my system has either hard water or soft water for both circuits.   But according to the guidance,   Water Softener | Worcester Bosch (worcester-bosch.co.uk) the radiators should have hard water but the heating circuit should have soft water.  (I have assumed that the heating circuit is the hot water that follows in the coil that heats the water in the cylinder.).  Something I can't achieve with the current set up. 

I am still learning about heating circuits etc., so I can't be sure absolutely sure I understand the piping in my house. 

It is awful when one can't trust a plumber, as he had left problems elsewhere.

Edited by Question