Tony trays

I am planning on putting in Tony trays at floor junctions but my joiners have advised they need to see markings on the wall to put the joists in. Is there any clear airtightness membranes that I can buy from a merchant (need to do it tonight) or would a clear polythene have any benefit?

15 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

thick clear poly is what was used on our TF kit

Is that better than nothing but sub-optimal or does it do the job? Presumption is that the thicker the poly the more airtight it's likely to be?

1 hour ago, eandg said:

I am planning on putting in Tony trays at floor junctions but my joiners have advised they need to see markings on the wall to put the joists in. Is there any clear airtightness membranes that I can buy from a merchant (need to do it tonight) or would a clear polythene have any benefit?

Can you elaborate (with a picture?) what markings they want to see on the wall?  There must be a way to transfer those markings to a Tony Tray as you install it?

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Can you elaborate (with a picture?) what markings they want to see on the wall?  There must be a way to transfer those markings to a Tony Tray as you install it?

They've just told me they'll be marking the wall (SIPS panels) as a guide for the joists. I plan on fitting the tray in the dark tonight to let them start in the morning. 

Is there an alternative that works - seen the purple passive spray stuff but is that doable to get into junctions once joists are up?

Why can't they fit the tray, it's hardly rocket science, then they can transfer the marks to the membrane used.

Unless you are planning to fully tape the tray to the panels tonight, they will in any event be able to lift the bottom to see any marks on the panel.

It strikes me they are just being useless or awkward.