Hello... Builder, carpenter and bit of an all rounder here.

handyman

Been a builder for near on 40 years and done a little bit of everything over the years. Lived around the world a bit, from various countries in East Africa to New Zealand, and now pretty settled in Norway. 
Favourite work is the restoration of old brickwork using lime mortars, oh and fixing stuff, from cars to boats and everything in between. Was a silver trowel awarded bricklayer at college many moons ago. Love helping folks sort out their stuff, be it repairs, restorations or improvements.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 09:54, Radian said:

Welcome aboard 🙂

Can you remember what your first car was?

Easy, Morris Marina... the coupe no less. Bloomin' awful it was, used to eat head gaskets. Soon sold it for a VW Scirroco which I loved, painted it black and tinted windows, ah, the 1980s lol.

On 11/10/2022 at 11:34, ToughButterCup said:

Photo of the silver trowel please..... ☺️

Would if I know where the heck-a-doodle it was. Moved house just one too many times. 
Do still have the newspaper articles scanned in and forever immortalised tho... 😉

1463202992_pressphotosofawardsinbrickwork.jpg

On 11/10/2022 at 12:11, SteamyTea said:

Welcome.

All I got was a silver spoon.

Oh to be so posh 😉

Incidentally silver cutlery is huge here (I live in Norway now) so you regularly see full sets of silver in drawers, even amongst 'ordinary' folk. They collect if from an early age, especially since a single spoon can be £40! My Norwegian wife was lucky enough to gather a pretty full set over the years and unlike many, we use it everyday (life is too short to keep it for 'best'). 

Edited by handyman
sp

7 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

All our family have silver Christening Spoons. I think it is a thing that is not done much these days.

Ah, yes I forgot about that. I misunderstood, I was thinking of the "to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth". That's what you get for jumping to conclusions 🤐