Electric, mains powered, blinds? (Internal)

Has anyone ever installed them, ideally a switch next to the lightswiotch that enables one press up & down control, seemless & blended in with the light switch it is next to.

i see lots that are rechargeable that have a handheld remote, but I like (and designed for...) mains powered versions!

I wanted to do the same, we had a blind supplier round during the build and she reccomemded the battery operated ones... Cheaper as they are produced in bigger volumes and install costs are less. Batteries last for ages.

• 1 year later...
On 09/10/2022 at 13:51, JohnMo said:

Ours are rechargable (every six months or so).  Remote control, will do any one on its own or all together.  Can control 16 blinds  from a single remote 

Hi John. Can you tell me where you got these from and how they perform please ?

28 minutes ago, Canski said:

Hi John. Can you tell me where you got these from and how they perform please ?

I got them from a local blind supplier, since I wrote the above, I have charged once. They are used almost every day and go up and down on demand no issues.

On 16/11/2023 at 11:59, Andehh said:

Thanks for that! We are just starting to really look into this in anger.

How did you go about ordering and finding a supplier for them?

Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks

We just used a local blind shop. They are not cheap but it’s something that’s going to be in the house long term so I didn’t mind. 
The like of louvalite don’t sell directly to customers I don’t think plus you still need to source the material and mount to tube. All the online retailers just provide battery types it seems .

just to add - all my blinds I hidden away in the wall/window surround above the window and just slide out of a slit and access is more of a pain 

Edited by gc100

Thanks again! We have our local supplier coming out on Saturday.

Are you able to provide a indication of price? We have a few 1.4 x 1.4 windows and some big sliders at 8m x 2.4m so cost is likely to be punchy!!