How to fit this bath? (One piece free standing)

Hi, we are doing a bathroom Reno and the bath the boss likes and has ordered is a one piece, free standing bath and I'm worried it will be a a challenge to install because the side panel is not removable so access to drains and feet is restricted.

For example, how do you adjust the feet of they are slightly out, or get the drainage connected if you can't get underneath.

It's going onto a slab floor.

Any advice or past experience would be appreciated.

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/monza-1700-x-750-curved-free-standing-corner-bath

I fitted a free standing bath.  They usually work by using a flexible waste fitting. You place the bath in position but lifted up on blocks a few inches above the floor, connect the waste and then remove the blocks and lower it down.  There will be adjustable feet reached when the bath is lifted on the blocks.

Personally I dislike flexible waste fittings.  While it was up on blocks I connected a length of solid waste, when lowered the solid waste went down through a hole in the floor and I connected from below.  This was a new build before the plasterboard in the utility room below went on.  I know if ever I have to lift the bath, it will mean cutting a trap in the ceiling below, but with a top access click clack waste and wall mounted taps there should be no reason to do so.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just an update as realised I forgot to post back. Bath was a punish. Must have turned it over 30+ times to get it right. Also had to buy basin brackets to get it really tight before tiling. Thanks everyone for their advice.

PXL_20230414_165431325.jpg