Jerry-rig an MVHR unit - how?

15 hours ago, jayc89 said:

Isn't that basically the same as compriband? 

If you have surplus, then absolutely perfect! Just to get a little acoustic decoupling, but a well designed system should already have this consideration included inherently, eg slightly oversized unit & lower fan speeds etc.

Belt & 2 braces is always good when something makes noise / sound / vibrates, and I could think of nothing worse than choosing a cheap Chinese MVHR and putting it in the attic of your new TF home to find out it is really nasty and audible. Literally NOTHING worse than that happening. Sleep is precious!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

If you have surplus, then absolutely perfect! Just to get a little acoustic decoupling, but a well designed system should already have this consideration included inherently, eg slightly oversized unit & lower fan speeds etc.

Belt & 2 braces is always good when something makes noise / sound / vibrates, and I could think of nothing worse than choosing a cheap Chinese MVHR and putting it in the attic of your new TF home to find out it is really nasty and audible. Literally NOTHING worse than that happening. Sleep is precious!

I have loads of the bloody stuff. Bought 10mm rolls, foolishly assuming all our window openings would be uniform, should have known better in a 150 year old house!

More by luck than good judgement, I ended up with a Brink Flair 325, which I think is your unit of choice these days. My current requirements are 184m3/h so I'm hoping it's well under-spec'd!

Getting the thread back on track, sorry, any thoughts on this? It looks like these attenuators are out performing the Lindab ones, at a fraction of the cost - too good to be true?

-