Help - dpc insulation….

Devil_bri

I’ve googled the life out of this and can’t find the info I need, I’m sure it’s out there but I can’t find it….

I have the foundation in for a 7mx5m block garden room, with 100mm cavity. It falls under permitted development so no need for PP or BC. 
I am about to get the footings put it then I will fill the floor with the usual hardcore, sand, DPM, 100mm insulation, anther sheet of the DPM and then 100mm concrete. Which layer of DPM do I need to tie in with the dpc on the walls, the bottom or top layer or both ?

thanks 

6 minutes ago, Devil_bri said:

I’ve googled the life out of this and can’t find the info I need, I’m sure it’s out there but I can’t find it….

I have the foundation in for a 7mx5m block garden room, with 100mm cavity. It falls under permitted development so no need for PP or BC. 
I am about to get the footings put it then I will fill the floor with the usual hardcore, sand, DPM, 100mm insulation, anther sheet of the DPM and then 100mm concrete. Which layer of DPM do I need to tie in with the dpc on the walls, the bottom or top layer or both ?

thanks 

Top one, technically you don’t need a dpm under the insulation unless you are using wool or some other absorbent insulation

• Thanks 1

If you want to be safe lap the DPM from below the kingspan. What harm can it do ? Double safe tape the top one up against the wall, It will make it easier to finish your concrete. I'm not sure where the trapped water is supposed to come from unless its raining. 

11 hours ago, Canski said:

water is supposed to come from unless its raining. 

This unfortunately, insulation floating around in a swimming pool kept in by the DPM with a concrete lorry impatiently waiting to pour.