Feedback re workmanship on new roof

Hi guys - I've just had an old roof replaced with new tiles which is looking great apart from a bit above the garage which looks wonky. See pics.  The roofer has said that there's nothing they can do because the trusses aren't straight.  My gut feeling is that this is a bit of a cop out but would appreciate some professional advise.  Thanks!

IMG_3311.JPEG

IMG_3316.JPEG

11 minutes ago, Manchester123 said:

Hi guys - I've just had an old roof replaced with new tiles which is looking great apart from a bit above the garage which looks wonky. See pics.  The roofer has said that there's nothing they can do because the trusses aren't straight.  My gut feeling is that this is a bit of a cop out but would appreciate some professional advise.  Thanks!

IMG_3311.JPEG

IMG_3316.JPEG

We have some wonky bits on our roof, and 3 or 4 of the roofers we had to quote for replacement said they would pack those battens up and using a string get them into spec. 

@Gus Potterand I also discussed roofs, we were going to join forces and work together to do each others roofs and we discussed options to level out some wonky rafters that had sagged a bit etc.

So he talked utter rubbish saying "nothing can be done" and was being lazy not doing something about it.

To an extent a little wonky is OK but, too much can be fixed.

Edited by Carrerahill

Everything can be fixed, but did you ask for the roof to be levelled when asking for a quote? A strip and replace is very different from strip and replace writhing tolerance “xyz” etc.

from the pic it looks like a 60’s or 70’s building so the finished job is pretty straight.