Need help

I am a 64 year man with already had one knee replacement and the other one in bad shape , still working full time .

decided to take on a grand design renovation , it has now been about four years in the making and still doing it as only weekends are available for outside work ,inside completely finished

with the help of a xxxxxx neighbor to the council every 6 months and the saying I am too slow have now decided that I cannot keep building materials in my front garden behind the requirement heras fencing and they want fencing down and materials put round the back 

has anybody come across this before 

ted

Nope. Did the work have planning permission? Not sure how this would change things but I am not sure the council have any rights over what you can do in your front garden (as long as it is not illegal or immoral or fattening). You could offer to put up hoardings.

Thankyou for the reply

yes I have planning permission

the best part is that I am now getting towards the end of the build and all the way through they told me there is no time limit , and suddenly new inspector writes this 

ted

thankyou

very much at my wits end

It took us eight years to build our house and we had building materials in our front garden for most of that time. Ask the council in writing to supply a copy of the ruling that they are working to. Point out it wasn't in the list of conditions of the planning permission, assuming it wasn't of course.

Some people have nothing better to do than find things to complain about, ignore it.

a few years ago I lived in a street backing onto some waste land (old council garage site) local dumping ground, broken glass everywhere, locals dumped all garden waste etc. 

one day I needed to move a JCB so decided to clean up the area while I had the machine…. 2 days later a letter from environmental services telling me to remove the rubbish I had dumped.

Edited by markc
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Ted forbes said:

and suddenly new inspector writes this 

?  Yes, no time limit as far as I know, as said above ask for a copy of the legislation they are relying on.

• 3 weeks later...

Thankyou very much for giving me the confidence to question the councils action 

I built a case up with photos on other builds and not looked after gardens

the council manager wrote back and said that i am ok to carry on as I am doing it and no further action

how come the officer that came round said I was breaking every law possible

ted