Quit whilst ahead

Done a large self build barn conversion in 1983, lived in a static on site for 2 years, frozen water and gas bottles, misses and three year old daughter.

Daughter has just secured demolition job / plot and I will project manage it. Already started cleaning up old stock bricks for the walled garden, yet another mixer purchased!

Im supposed to be retired,  I just never seem to learn.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

This one left decades ago.

Some might say worst thing that happened, others might say the best thing that happened - but mostly nobody noticed which in itself was a shame but generally the way of things. ‘THE PAST IS A FOREIGN COUNTRY: THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY there.’ L. P. Hartley. Which I guess is why building control is very different today.

39 minutes ago, twice round the block said:

I thought there we're a few more nutters out this way, as you wouldn't attempt somethings in the right frame of mind.

We are actually all over the place - and like @SteamyTea we sometimes move about a bit, none the less you are very welcome to THE forum for people like us.

35 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Well I never thought I was that clever but maybe I am by comparison to some - oh that's how IQ works, now I get it 😂

Yes the above average intelligence number is any number above 100 on a propper test.