will building control mind

goodchippy66

im stuck waiting on engineers calcs for an internal steel and possible concrete pads under the opening of the original back wall so cant pour the slab, im adding 2 mtrs on the back of an existing extension and obviously bc want to see type 1 sand dpm x2 insulation etc etc but i cant do that yet . wil bc mind if i start on external brickwork as im waiting cheers  

My suggestion is ask them.

But I would also say, that usually as long as they can see what is done, they usually fine.  They are not bothered with the order of jobs carried out, just that it conforms to regulations.  I always have a kick off meeting with BC to get a feel for them and them a feel for me, this usually allows for some discretion / photos as proof in these situations.

On 22/07/2022 at 08:32, Jenki said:

My suggestion is ask them.

But I would also say, that usually as long as they can see what is done, they usually fine.  They are not bothered with the order of jobs carried out, just that it conforms to regulations.  I always have a kick off meeting with BC to get a feel for them and them a feel for me, this usually allows for some discretion / photos as proof in these situations.

thanks for the reply, yes il call her monday i think, i want it right bottom line without any extra demo :)

In case relevamt..

BC typically want to see the bottom of any foundation trenches before  they are filled.

Otherwise take lots of photos of anything they won't be able to inspect later.  

Have you submitted drawings and have they been approved? In that case you should get them out at the normal foundation stage.

If you've not submitted drawings and/or got approval, I wouldn't start. I did this a few years ago and got a stern word of "advice" from the BCO