Water filter connections

GrantMcscott

I have a similar kind of requirement. From advice elsewhere on this forum (which worked well) I converted the incoming 25mm MDPE to 22mm copper, then did all the filters using copper/compression fittings then converted back to MDPE for the run into the house.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, markc said:

You can get 1” female adapters for all 3 pipe types mentioned.

or are you asking for links to specific products?

It was just trying to state I am not bothered about what I use in pipe

4 hours ago, jamieled said:

I have a similar kind of requirement. From advice elsewhere on this forum (which worked well) I converted the incoming 25mm MDPE to 22mm copper, then did all the filters using copper/compression fittings then converted back to MDPE for the run into the house.

Will the copper fitting not strip the threads of the plastic control unit?  I think 22 mm will be the cheapest way to go.  

Is it won of these you used and sealed it with PTFE tape or did you do something else

https://www.toolstation.com/made4trade-compression-coupler-female/p20725?store=HP&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&mkwid=_dc&pcrid=558023894541&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlK-WBhDjARIsAO2sErSUml29-7zZUNr_M8OY9M7WprQXUPv_IWlDycBLEVldoCYxoQrePs4aAjavEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

29 minutes ago, GrantMcscott said:

Will the copper fitting not strip the threads of the plastic control unit?  I think 22 mm will be the cheapest way to go.  

Is it won of these you used and sealed it with PTFE tape or did you do something else

The brass compression fittings go into the plastic filter housings ok, but you do have to be careful lining them up as if they're out of alignment they'd strip the thread of the filter housing. Just keep a careful eye to make sure they're not wonky and don't use too much force. Once they're in then they never need taken out.

UV lamp had metal threads so it was no bother.

The fitting you linked to looks like something I used and yes, just used a bit of PTFE tape.

Edited by jamieled
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jamieled said:

The brass compression fittings go into the plastic filter housings ok, but you do have to be careful lining them up as if they're out of alignment they'd strip the thread of the filter housing. Just keep a careful eye to make sure they're not wonky and don't use too much force. Once they're in then they never need taken out.

UV lamp had metal threads so it was no bother.

The fitting you linked to looks like something I used and yes, just used a bit of PTFE tape.

Great will use them and 22 mm speed fit pipe and got a couple of lengths

Check they are 1”BSP and not 3/4” as there is a significant size difference. I tend to use Tectitw sprint fittings on them so there is no torque on the housing once installed and then use 22mm copper 

5 hours ago, PeterW said:

MI’s state 3/4-1.25” inlet/outlet fittings. The 1” will refer to the valve bore size. 

Yes you are right it is an 1.25" been googling and can not find a fitting for it.  I am assuming it is a BSP thread as it feels rounded at the top.

IMG_1055.JPG

Edited by GrantMcscott
updated