Wireless pump connection

JohnMo

Not sure if this is the correct section?

I have a central heating pump started by a flow switch. But want to start a second pump about 10m away with no wires between and a very difficult route.

Looking for a wireless way to connect the second pump (pump has main power next to it).  Or more precisely tell it to start when the first pump starts, without a wire between the pumps.

Though about a pair of Shelly relays, but not sure how to go about it or if there is anything else I can use.  Don't want to rely on having internet, unless I have to.

I did something similar with a pair of Shelly 1's. In my case it was to connect a wired-only central heating controller and a remote zone valve powering the pump and boiler heat demand input. I had to fit an RC snubber across the 'receiver' Shelly output otherwise it would sometimes reset on triggering. I bought this seperately but I think Allterco sell them alongside the Shelly now. 

Edited by MJNewton

Yes, well worth mentioning the snubber as I’ve had problems with low voltages keeping the input of shellies live and them not switching off.

I’ve used a 330kOhm resistor successfully in places from advice on other forums.

Edited by Wil