PV Quote

grahamsmythe

I was one of the early solar adopters with the FIT scheme. I think I've still got about ten years left to run, and it's been a great source of income for us.

With the huge rise in electricity costs, I've decided to get some more panels installed. A local company has given me a quote on the basis that they'll leave the existing installation alone so it won't interfere with my FIT payments. This new installation will be completely separate.

I've been quoted £10,500 for 20x410 Watt JA Mono Crystalline Panels, 1 x Solis Inverter, Roof mountings, DC cable, Generation meter and isolation switches.

I've decided against any batteries for the time being, as I'd like to see what MyEnergi come out with towards the end of the year before I jump in any particular direction.

To summarise - 8.20kW for £10,500.
Reasonable?

7 minutes ago, grahamsmythe said:

So £1300 per kWp installed.

Assuming you generate 6.5 MWh/year from that for the next decade.

That is 16p/kWh

A lot depends on how much of that you can use.  If you self use half of that, then it is 32p/kWh.  About what we pay to buy it in.

48 minutes ago, grahamsmythe said:

I was one of the early solar adopters with the FIT scheme. I think I've still got about ten years left to run, and it's been a great source of income for us.

With the huge rise in electricity costs, I've decided to get some more panels installed. A local company has given me a quote on the basis that they'll leave the existing installation alone so it won't interfere with my FIT payments. This new installation will be completely separate.

I've been quoted £10,500 for 20x410 Watt JA Mono Crystalline Panels, 1 x Solis Inverter, Roof mountings, DC cable, Generation meter and isolation switches.

I've decided against any batteries for the time being, as I'd like to see what MyEnergi come out with towards the end of the year before I jump in any particular direction.

Reasonable?

Purely on a comparison, to me that looks pricey.

Should these not now be cheaper per kW?

I paid £11,500 for 9.98 kWp and full solaredge for all panels in 2016. 35 panels. On FiT all admin handled.

But it's a distant comparison.

and does the price include scaffolding to get to the roof or are you expected to pay for that yourself? if scaffolding is included I'd say it's reasonable to be fair. it does seem from other posts on here that prices have gone up recently most likely due to the demand for solar pv due to the rise in electricity prices.