Opinions required - 180 copper bend

AdamSee

After some opinions on my copper bends.

I'm trying to bend some copper pipe in to 180° to avoid soldering 2no. 90° together. Unfortunately I get a crease in it from where I have to rejig it in the pipe bender. Would you use it or find another way? 

Once it's fitted it's trapped behind a unit so it's not going to be accessible for a repair and it feeds water just to an outdoor tap. 

IMG20220611171438.jpg

IMG20220611171455.jpg

Pushfit might have to be the way to go. For some reason, even though no one will ever see it, I still want it to look half decent. Still got a length of pipe left. May give it another hit and see how it goes. 

Apparently I had limited parts and wanted it done this evening so I used the left over pipe to redo it. A small crease formed in the middle, but nothing major. But it did end with a small flat/straight section at the top of the bend.

The whole job was alot of faff just to make sure that that I didn't have to pass a 40mm infront of the pipes and possibly not leave enough room for the washing machine to sit infront.

It's all done now. Theres a mix of hep2o, soldered joints and pipe bends. Was a good first experience of pipe bending.IMG20220611203251.thumb.jpg.f82dbfd6312f1dab646cfbe7468c4e18.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2022 at 20:46, AdamSee said:

Apparently I had limited parts and wanted it done this evening so I used the left over pipe to redo it. A small crease formed in the middle, but nothing major. But it did end with a small flat/straight section at the top of the bend.

The whole job was alot of faff just to make sure that that I didn't have to pass a 40mm infront of the pipes and possibly not leave enough room for the washing machine to sit infront.

It's all done now. Theres a mix of hep2o, soldered joints and pipe bends. Was a good first experience of pipe bending.IMG20220611203251.thumb.jpg.f82dbfd6312f1dab646cfbe7468c4e18.jpg

It looks fine, but a bit of a long way round... 

Glad I did it the way I did as it's a really tight fit to get the waste pipe around the corner before it hit the next pipe along. 

The hot and cold ended up the wrong way around, but by fitting them above and below makes switch sides less messy. 

Still have the cut away more for the shut of access. But otherwise pretty happy with how it ended up. I'll put a picture up when the entire room is finished. 

IMG20220614195553.jpg