Whats needed ?

Headache

Iam having to source a complete UHF package as my plumber tells me there's no stock ! If someone could point me to a site or stockist for help it would be great i understand no two systems are the same.Many Thanks

There are some online retailers who do kits, I would start with some calls to them or if you have patience, unlike me, write up an email of what you need to do, area, heat source type, details of the installation etc. and get them to spec and quote but ask them to spec and quote based on availability.

That is what I do for most of my procurement and usually go with the most helpful and fair business.

Your plumber wants to plumb, he would rather walk away than source and buy all this. He will go to the usual merchants who will be the usual unhelpful most most likely and will stock 1 type and anything other than bog standard it will be a big deal and a big fuss, so your plumber has run.

Not used these guys, but just an example:

https://www.vpsunderfloorheating.co.uk/water-underfloor-heating/

2 hours ago, Headache said:

having to source a complete UHF package as my plumber tells me there's no stock !

Consider changing your plumber … what he means is he went into City Plumbing (other merchants are available) this morning for his usual coffee with 4 sugars, and the spotty oik behind the counter couldn’t spell m-a-n-i-f-o-l-d so he said they don’t stock them … so he’s decided it is too much hard work to find one for you from one of 10 online suppliers …

If he can’t find basic UFH components, I would also question his pricing and also what he’s installing elsewhere. If he suggests JG Speedfit (as said merchant has it on offer….) then smile and walk away … 

• Haha 2

I found a big variation in price (few hundred pounds) and very hard sell by some companies. I got Wunda (fair priced and £600 cheaper than polypipe who was my plumbers preferred known brand as it turns out they have a pita ordering system where everyone sticks a mark up on) as recommended by PeterW. Our plumber (an older chap who hadn't done UFH before) installed it with the builder. There was a bit of huffing over the instructions, but he managed fine. Call them and they'll set you right on what you need as a complete package. 

43 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Consider changing your plumber … what he means is he went into City Plumbing (other merchants are available) this morning for his usual coffee with 4 sugars, and the spotty oik behind the counter couldn’t spell m-a-n-i-f-o-l-d so he said they don’t stock them … so he’s decided it is too much hard work to find one for you from one of 10 online suppliers …

If he can’t find basic UFH components, I would also question his pricing and also what he’s installing elsewhere. If he suggests JG Speedfit (as said merchant has it on offer….) then smile and walk away … 

Both our posts suggest the same issue and it just confirms my belief about merchants.

They just are a bit clueless. 

• Like 1