MF across sloping ceiling

One for the MF experts, I've used all the timber I had on site for studs, spurred on by others I'm curious about MF and fancy giving it a try.  I've got a section that needs framing but the wall runs across a sloping ceiling.  Can it be done with MF, or best stick to timber for a task like this?  The issue I'd have is with the top Channel, how to have it pointing down, rather than pointing out into the landing...  is it a case of bending the U track, or cut a section of timber with an angle that matches the slope then attach the U track to this?

image.png.9129158ae30fd04fa3654b5fe94c7ecb.png

• Like 1

Using MF for all my stud walls. All of my upstairs is in the roof. All of these walls will need to deal with the roof angle. My current plan is to cut timber to the roof angle to get the ceiling u-track to be perpendicular to the floor u-track. Not had any pro advice, this just seemed like the most straightforward solution.

Edited by Nick Laslett
  • Thanks 1

It can be done quite easily 

Most of the better quality lasers can be set for slopes 

Use ceiling Chanel and top hat Set out your hangers and 800 apart (25x25 angle) Then set your top hat at 400

• Thanks 1

Hi @nod sorry your terminology has got me confused I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'top hat' or 'hangers'.

Do you mean timber dropping from the rafters to provide a flat edge then a piece of timber attached to the underside of this along the length of the wall, then attach the channel?

image.png.0298a23cd43ffc7449daf61733d67a76.png 

Edited by crispy_wafer

1 hour ago, nod said:

It can be done quite easily 

Most of the better quality lasers can be set for slopes 

Use ceiling Chanel and top hat Set out your hangers and 800 apart (25x25 angle) Then set your top hat at 400

Thanks, Nod. I should have mentioned I’m using the Thermoroof boards. So the fixing is buried in 80mm eps. 

I need to make a lot of dwarf walls to close off the space. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...