Hep2o (Hep20) Information

MortarThePoint

On 23/06/2022 at 08:31, Nickfromwales said:

It is the worst, sack of shit advice, any manufacturer could have given anyone. 
Categorically avoid doing this, please.

If Hepworth has a bad point, it’s in giving that bit of naff information. They’d do a LOT better just posting a link to the fitting I showed you. 🙄

I spoke to Wavin Technical yesterday and they said they don't get complaints about using Hep2O with compression fittings and it should be fine. They reiterated the preference of using a copper rather than brass olive and importance of using the insert.

True knowledge comes from experience, of which I have very little. Can you share some of your experiences here? Have you had leaks with Hep2O and compression fittings in the past (grey pipe of white pipe?)? Have the leaks presented themselves straight away or worse after some time?

On 29/07/2023 at 09:48, MortarThePoint said:

I spoke to Wavin Technical yesterday and they said they don't get complaints about using Hep2O with compression fittings and it should be fine. They reiterated the preference of using a copper rather than brass olive and importance of using the insert.

True knowledge comes from experience, of which I have very little. Can you share some of your experiences here? Have you had leaks with Hep2O and compression fittings in the past (grey pipe of white pipe?)? Have the leaks presented themselves straight away or worse after some time?

I'll wrap this up for you, as I do not have capacity to recall all the insurance jobs I've been through and everything in between. Apologies if this is a little concise. 

A 'plumber' with 30+ years of experience, now working mostly in 7 figure properties (very few have a 1 or a 2 as the first digit) is telling you something is a very bad idea, stop questioning it ;). Ringing a manufacturer to ask if there's a problem with their fittings / or a way it's fitted...........surprise!! They said it's fine. That's because their competitors spout the same shart and they want the sale.

If I am saying you can avoid this with 50p worth of copper pipe and you wish to seek advice elsewhere then of course that is your prerogative, so, for the last time (please) do not do what you're suggesting.

End transmission :) 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...