Basement Concrete Pour - Thoughts on this...

Internet Know How

24 minutes ago, Internet Know How said:

Yeah good idea if it works! £5k is expensive isnt it. Im going to look into saniflo too as it may just do the job for the 2 toilets we have down there, and then maybe just a clean water sump pump instead to manage the shower room/sinks

does the pool not need some form of pump out? even if it does I guess it couldn't go into a foul water sump as that will just fill up your STP! when I started with the idea of a basement and got it approved and built I never thought it would complicate things so much. I really hope it's worth it! 😂

9 minutes ago, pocster said:

The thing is with no calibre everything appears easy ; until you actually do it of course …

The man with no knowledge will achieve more than the man with knowledge because he understands nothing and therefore fears nothing .

Though I made that up it does sound kind of like some famous historical quote !

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, pocster said:

The man with no knowledge will achieve more than the man with knowledge because he understands nothing and therefore fears nothing .

Though I made that up it does sound kind of like some famous historical quote !

Sounds like a Confucius quote :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thorfun said:

does the pool not need some form of pump out? even if it does I guess it couldn't go into a foul water sump as that will just fill up your STP! when I started with the idea of a basement and got it approved and built I never thought it would complicate things so much. I really hope it's worth it! 😂

Yes it will need something....ill cover that one when my pool guy comes back in. We will put in a separate pumping facility for this. Or it can be done manually but I will still need a fixed pipe from the tank room up to ground level. I have a 300L pump that will empty the pool in no time. Still lots to think about. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Internet Know How said:

Yes it will need something....ill cover that one when my pool guy comes back in. We will put in a separate pumping facility for this. Or it can be done manually but I will still need a fixed pipe from the tank room up to ground level. I have a 300L pump that will empty the pool in no time. Still lots to think about. 

good luck. I look forward to following your progress

• Like 1