Time-lapse Interval

We are about to kick off demolition, finally. This morning I purchsed a time-lapse camera for the project.
I was wondering what capture interval might be best over the 9 months build. I've seen some of you guys
have done this. I'm guessing I'll reposition to inside once the shell is up. Thanks

On advice from @Stones, I bought two. The evidence from one saved me paying an invoice for £8500.

Interval ? 30 seconds.

Downloading and organising the images can become an annoying job - because its easy to miss a day and then the next day have double the data to transfer and file so that the images are meaningful to you.

And by that I mean, do you want the images as a general record, or do you want to know whether company [x] delivered what they said the did, or do you want to know if employee [y] is just taking the pees while you are off site? Or in my case, was an employee deliberately smashing blocks just sufficiently so they burst on a pour.....  in that case 30 seconds was fine. 

3 hours ago, Bonner said:

Looking to do the same, which cameras did you use?

I used a GoPro that I already had. in a waterproof case and powered via POE with a USB-C converter so it's permanently powered up on the roof of our existing property.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

I used a GoPro that I already had. in a waterproof case and powered via POE with a USB-C converter so it's permanently powered up on the roof of our existing property.

Good idea but I don’t have one. Will be on an uninhabited site so looking for something reasonably priced.

• 1 month later...

I’ve used a Brinno camera, they are specifically for Timelapse and once in a water proof case are ip rated. A single battery can last months and a decent memory card means you don’t have to empty it all the time.

main downside is the res is a bit low, but I’ve found it really good.

• 2 months later...
On 09/05/2022 at 15:05, Bonner said:

Looking to do the same, which cameras did you use?

Got a Brinno, set up from 8am to 4pm at five minute intervals. Batteries last a good month. Here's a typical recording... but I did discover that I'd left the protective film on the waterproof case, doh! So am expecting the latest output to be better. 

• Like 3