Door frame & carpets

WWilts

Could be gap for door itself or he may mean the frame to allow wood or tiles to slot underneath.

I have just done some frames with 15mm underneath and wish I had left more … it was a pig of a job slotting the 8mm click fit planks under with 5mm underlay.

20mm under a door for underlay and carpet sounds pretty good

Edited by markc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, markc said:

20mm under a door for underlay and carpet sounds pretty good

Agreed but are you having MVHR? As then you will need more. My pet hate is doors that “scrub” carpets. I used to put a 2” strip of hardboard between frame uprights to kick the carpet up to the door when closed but allows the door to swing missing the carpet (just).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WWilts said:

How do people make it work with hard floor (over electric UFH mat) on one side & carpet on the other side of threshold?

The door only opens on one of them!!!, decent threshold strip to join them (and make sure the threshold strip is exactly under the door or it looks crap 🤔)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joe90 said:

The door only opens on one of them!!!, decent threshold strip to join them (and make sure the threshold strip is exactly under the door or it looks crap 🤔)

And the same applies to carpet one side (bedroom) and tiles the other side (en-suite)

• Like 1