whats best way to making 47mm up

Going to lay a shower former at posi joist level, i have put 2x4 supports beneath for a material to sit on. What would  the best/strongest way to make the height up for former to sit on?

Regards  James

Thanks for the reply, so no need to use waterproof ply? Will the former adhere to OSB  and what would you recommend for that, think I’m going to be using a jackoboard former.

Regards. James

37 minutes ago, James94 said:

Thanks for the reply, so no need to use waterproof ply? Will the former adhere to OSB  and what would you recommend for that, think I’m going to be using a jackoboard former.

Regards. James

You can change the 11mm OSB and top the 18’s with a 6mm aqua board / cement panel. Then 5mm of tile adhesive to set the tray in nicely. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had settled for a jackoboard 1600x900 x30mm linear former but this only comes with the drain in a central position which will not work as I have a joist in centre of each of the openings.

I have done a bit of searching and come across this one, has anyone on here had any experience with this model/design, or can recommend one with a flexible outlet position.

https://wetroomstop.com/linear-wet-room-kits/wetroomstop-shower-base-900mm-x-1600mm-x-30mm-with-600mm-end-linear-drain.html#/1-tanking_kit-pci_lastogum_3_m/16-drain_cover-reversible/21-waste_trap-dallmer_fast_flow

Regards. James

• 1 month later...

@Nickfromwales so we’ve got 2 x 18mm layers of osb 3, then a cement board then the wet room former bedded onto that.

do I need to adhere the cement board or just screw to the osb? And what adhesive would you recommend for adhering the tray to the cement board?

james

Use adhesive for all layers above the OSB. The cement board should be set into adhesive and tapped down to the desired height, making it level and flat. The tray can then be bonded down as per the MI’s. If using tile adhesive to bed the tray, use some of the mix to decontaminate the underside of the tray by scouring it with the mix on a cotton cloth.