Just wondered what information we have to have on invoices in order to claim the VAT back? Will name suffice or do we have to have an address? I bought some ply today and was so annoyed with the BM (they put the price up when I got there), that I forget to check the invoice which just has my surname

What happens with invoices for stuff ordered online, can we claim back the shipping/carriage VAT? 

Cheers

Vijay

Shipping / carriage is eligible for VAT reclaim provided it is on the same invoice as the materials.

On name and address, I recall seeing somewhere that low value items do not need all the details. I cannot recall where I came across this, I did have a few receipts (<£10 each) which were anonymous till receipts. Claim is in but awaiting feedback for the revenue.

Loads of my receipts didn't have my full address on, many didn't have any address, some didn't even have my name on (mainly till receipts).  In the end, none were rejected by HMRC.  The two queries we had related to a bike shed that was shown on the plans, but which we didn't build (or claim for) and a problem with the kitchen supplier, who had included both VAT reclaimable items and one item that should have been zero rated on the same receipt (sorted eventually, but delayed the reclaim for a couple of months).  None of the till receipts or receipts with no full address were questioned or refused.