Shower full heat only

Barryscotland

New Roper rhodes event shower only puts out hot water as in full heat 42 degrees ish regardless of where the temp setting is put. Hot an cold are plumbed the correct way and bled. Any suggestions before we start removing tiles to get the cartridge out?

Is the cartridge adjustable, our is a different make but behind the temperature knob is an adjustable temperature screw, if that is adjusted the wrong way it is just be hot all the time.  Worth a read of the instructions

20 hours ago, JohnMo said:

Is the cartridge adjustable, our is a different make but behind the temperature knob is an adjustable temperature screw, if that is adjusted the wrong way it is just be hot all the time.  Worth a read of the instructions

Cartridge isnt adjustable, read the instructions an there only advice is blocked pipe or plumbed wrong. Definately plumbed correctly and there was water at body when installed.. Guess im pulling some of my shiny new tiles of the wall

Are both hot and cold mains pressure or from a tank? Is it possible the hot water is flowing "across" the mixer back up the cold and filling a tank in the loft? Unlikely unless hot is mains pressure from a combi and cold is from a tank.

Bit surprised you had to break tiles to get it out. With a lot of mixers the cartridge is replacable by just removing the face plate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barryscotland said:

No, tiles removed an cracked the hot n cold pipes an both have water so guessing its a dud cartridge, waiting on roper rhodes support getting back to me

Do you have a link to exactly which shower it is that you have installed?

19 minutes ago, Temp said:

Bit surprised you had to break tiles to get it out. With a lot of mixers the cartridge is replacable by just removing the face plate.

Even my Chinesium one has this....

had to remove some bits of tiles so I could get a spanner onto the feeds to check that they where 100% the correct way round and had water, could get the cartridges out without removing tiles.  Should still be covered by the fascia plate when put back together. 

1 hour ago, dpmiller said:

did you try removing the knob and turning the spindle down farther?

Dont think I can on this shower, Its a roper rhodes Event dual shower.

Roper rhodes are sending out a new cartridge which they think will sort it, free of charge which is good as no reciept