Skip price increases

Well, phoned for a skip today. The price has gone up more than 10% since last year.

Caused by a change in red diesel legislation and an increase in mixed skip rubbish disposal.

Glad I only needed one.

6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Well, phoned for a skip today. The price has gone up more than 10% since last year.

Caused by a change in red diesel legislation and an increase in mixed skip rubbish disposal.

Glad I only needed one.

Yes the red diesel “phase out” is going to impact a lot of costs relating to construction and scrap yards, waste processing etc.

Plus, all these yards storing white diesel now will make them targets for diesel theft.

Edited by markc

I was sick and tired of trips to the recycling centre so hired a skip. Got it 90% full and was waiting for digger driver to come back to clear an area and get a few more bits through in before getting it collected. I'd say he put in another one or two skip loads in to the one skip by smashing it all down, layer by layer. Dude saved me at least £250 🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conor said:

I was sick and tired of trips to the recycling centre so hired a skip. Got it 90% full and was waiting for digger driver to come back to clear an area and get a few more bits through in before getting it collected. I'd say he put in another one or two skip loads in to the one skip by smashing it all down, layer by layer. Dude saved me at least £250 🤣

I never just chuck stuff in these days. Always have my circular saw and sledge hammer at the ready. Always pack it like a suitcase ready for a flight ✈ .

• Like 2