Drainage Problem - New Build

BenDW

I bought a new build property a few years back and have had a few issues with the drainage at the bottom of my garden. 

The water seems to be running from under next doors garden along the border and causing pooling at the bottom left of my garden. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this issue? 

20220218_151020.jpg

20220218_151009.jpg

20220218_151029.jpg

This is quite common with developer houses, patios laid on mud, fence posts without concrete, no soil under turf etc.

you could try digging a hole to see what’s down there and fill with stone or rubble to act as a catch pit/soak away

1 hour ago, BenDW said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this issue? 

Yes.

Tell the builder straight away. Like Monday morning  sharpish.

Talk to your immediate neighbours: see if your problem is common to the gardens all round you.

(What's the point of you shunting your problem into someone else's garden? )

When you know the answer to that question make (or get the builders to make ) a French drain to somewhere sensible. Be prepared for a long paperwork fight.

Look at the drainage plan submitted by the builders in their planning application : I bet you they've submitted any old plan and then forgotten about it because Building Control simply aren't interested or were paid not to be.

Cynical? Me? Naaaah

Appreciate both bits of feedback above. 

The only issue with speaking to the developers is that my 2 year warranty has now expired. I feel as though it's got worse over time due to changes in the ground level and holes appearing in the soil of next doors garden.