Best value kitchens for DIY install

cbk

Hi guys,

Has anybody used the Kitchens4DIY brand?  They have a stand at the NSBRC in Swindon and look to be very competitively priced but again not certain how the build quality stacks up against others.  I was going to try Howdens or Ikea as alternatives but  I've seen on other threads that the Nolte brand are highly recommended so will be investigating further.  Would supply only be an option for Nolte as I understood that German brands usually only come with fitting?

I fitted a Nolte in our last build 

No problem supply only 

Howdens sell good kitchens But are difficult to pin down on a price 

There first price is never there best price 

Benchmark sell the same stuff as Howdens and have a different sales tactic also 

I used Better Kitchens on a previous build, with matt handleless fronts and oak print carcasses. (It was between them and DIYkitchens and came down to availability of colour.)

In our current build we're getting bespoke solid timber units but otherwise I'd happily use them again for a conventional install, especially if you just want a simple kitchen and know the layout and exactly what you want.

I've also used Jewsons (Symphony Kitchens) before and they were basically the same quality, but I found it more of a ballache to go through the branch than just pick online what units I wanted. I wouldn't use IKEA/B&Q flatpack again for a DIY install unless in a place with difficult access. Getting fully assembled, ready units delivered is *so* much easier and quicker.

Plus it means you can spend the time actually fitting them properly, which  in my opinion makes WAY more difference to how expensive/premium the kitchen looks at the end than the quality of the underlying units.

image.thumb.png.7bda65e23c414bf9037e7545e0c54e52.png

image.thumb.png.66af7393711a6ae23340faf8e7d2d598.png

1 hour ago, cbk said:

Hi guys,

Has anybody used the Kitchens4DIY brand?  They have a stand at the NSBRC in Swindon and look to be very competitively priced but again not certain how the build quality stacks up against others.  I was going to try Howdens or Ikea as alternatives but  I've seen on other threads that the Nolte brand are highly recommended so will be investigating further.  Would supply only be an option for Nolte as I understood that German brands usually only come with fitting?

Last time I went there they had two stands similar names, kitchens4diy and kitchensfordiy iirc - avoid kitchensfor diy!

Edited by LA3222