Would you hit buy or not?

MikeGrahamT21

• 1 month later...

Hi @MikeGrahamT21,

I'm currently looking at battery storage as our M&E consultant has dropped doing it, refunded my deposit for a Powerwall 2 and left me to get on with it and find another supplier. I got a quote for the PW2 but it is stupid money and so I've been looking at the Pylontech batteries and either a Sofar ME300SP or a Lux Power ACS 3600 as a cheaper alternative with my sparky fitting it all.

I know you've been looking at battery storage for a while now. did you make a decision and press the button or not?

I did indeed press go, and so glad i did with the way energy prices have gone. I'm going to write an end of month addition to my blog about it, as i've discovered lots of things which just aren't mentioned online, things which are worth knowing.

In terms of the pylontech and solis inverter, yes really pleased with them, wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance you can let me know where you bought the system from, as I'm looking at something exactly like this and these products? Did you install yourself of get an electrician or solar company to install? Also did you get G99 fast track approval for it or full on G99 application for the system from your DNO?

Edited by pudding

On 17/03/2022 at 08:45, MikeGrahamT21 said:

I did indeed press go, and so glad i did with the way energy prices have gone. I'm going to write an end of month addition to my blog about it, as i've discovered lots of things which just aren't mentioned online, things which are worth knowing.

In terms of the pylontech and solis inverter, yes really pleased with them, wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

look forward to reading it thanks. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pudding said:

Any chance you can let me know where you bought the system from, as I'm looking at something exactly like this and these products? Did you install yourself of get an electrician or solar company to install? Also did you get G99 fast track approval for it or full on G99 application for the system from your DNO?

Its G99 fast track for energy storage, the installer did this for me.

Products and installation came from here: https://www.solar-energy-store.co.uk/

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply. Any chance you know if you've got the G100 cert for this Solis inverter, which I understand it needs for the G99 fast track? I've had a look online and cant find any?

Also, any chance of a few pics? I'm planning on getting all of the same kit and self installing (seems fairly simply from initial reading of the manuals), with an electrician just making the connection from inverter to AC isolator and then to our garage consumer unit.

1 hour ago, pudding said:

Thanks for the reply. Any chance you know if you've got the G100 cert for this Solis inverter, which I understand it needs for the G99 fast track? I've had a look online and cant find any?

Also, any chance of a few pics? I'm planning on getting all of the same kit and self installing (seems fairly simply from initial reading of the manuals), with an electrician just making the connection from inverter to AC isolator and then to our garage consumer unit.

G100 compliance is only required if the DNO ask for it from memory, so submit your G99 fast track first. This inverter doesn't support G100, they sell a Export Power Manager for that functionality. Its worth noting that this inverter does have the fail safe option for if it loses connectivity with the CT clamp. Double check this though, as I may well be wrong, perhaps I actually do need it and just don't realise, but this wasn't mentioned by the installer.

Export Limitation – Control the PV Power that is exported to the electrical grid.

G100 simply means that only a pre-determined amount of energy can be exported back to the grid. To avoid any disturbances with the grid, the DNOs do not have to take any actions for the large amount of surplus energy entering the national grid, this is the case on holidays and weekends when the producers of green energy are not at home to make use of it.

Be warned, self install seems to invalidate pretty much every warranty from what i found out, which is why i decided to pay for it to be put in.

Take a look at my blog on here, almost certain I put photos in there.

Edited by MikeGrahamT21