Right stage for drainage install?

Potentially a naive question!  When is the right time in the build sequence to put all the underground rainwater and foul drainage in? 

We have a few runs around the sides of our build that would need the ground to be re-instated before the scaffold goes up.  So should the drainage runs be installed soon after the foundations/substructure have been put in - so everything is backfilled in one, scaffold over the top (?) and the downpipes just connected much later?  Or should it all be left until later and the ground is opened up again to put the drainage runs in once the main structure is complete?

Do it first if you can. I did mine once house was up and scaff was down. Was a right pita 1. To find the stubs I left in an 'obvious' place! 2. Digging through the compacted hardcore surrounding the slab to put the drainage in.

50 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

To find the stubs I left in an 'obvious' place!

Stuff the stub ends with old polythene bags and wrap another tight over the end.

Tie a bright coloured rope to the end of the pipe (the cheap blue stuff is ideal) and lead it to the surface with a fair amount of spare.

Tie the rope to a peg, but even if the peg comes out the pipe end is findable, clean and not filled with muck.

Yes, first if you can, if you have a proper design, but perhaps not if it is going to driven over a lot or another service will cut across it.

Or not if there is any doubt on where drains will exit the building.

Because it doesn't take much error for a digger to damage the building.

27 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Stuff the stub ends with old polythene bags and wrap another tight over the end.

Tie a bright coloured rope to the end of the pipe (the cheap blue stuff is ideal) and lead it to the surface with a fair amount of spare.

Tie the rope to a peg, but even if the peg comes out the pipe end is findable, clean and not filled with muck.

Yes, first if you can, if you have a proper design, but perhaps not if it is going to driven over a lot or another service will cut across it.

Or not if there is any doubt on where drains will exit the building.

Because it doesn't take much error for a digger to damage the building.

All good advice, would have saved me a lot of pain...that and making the stubs over long rather than ridiculously short (tbf, when I laid them I thought I'd done plenty - how wrong was I!)