Pipe Bedding

Barney12

More of an observation than anything else.......

Im amazed at how muuch pipe bedding im going to need. Just to surround our Graff treatment plant needs nearly 10 tonnes.

Add to that 60-70 meters of pipe to bed in. Not helped by the most ridiculous ground conditions which mean digging any thing less than a 2ft wide trench is impossible. 

Ho hum. 

I suppose it's one of those things that largely depends on your ground conditions.

I had ordered hundreds of pounds worth of pea gravel to bed the septic tank in, but the groundworks guy insisted that the native material was absolutely fine- a sort of friable, crumbly rock- and got me to cancel the order. Seeing as he has installed dozens of tanks locally and has a very good reputation I decided to trust him.

Where are you sourcing the stone? It's far cheaper to get it direct from a quarry than it is to buy bagged from the BM.

8 hours ago, Crofter said:

I suppose it's one of those things that largely depends on your ground conditions.

I had ordered hundreds of pounds worth of pea gravel to bed the septic tank in, but the groundworks guy insisted that the native material was absolutely fine- a sort of friable, crumbly rock- and got me to cancel the order. Seeing as he has installed dozens of tanks locally and has a very good reputation I decided to trust him.

Where are you sourcing the stone? It's far cheaper to get it direct from a quarry than it is to buy bagged from the BM.

Yes direct from the quarry. Fortunately it's only 10 miles down the road.