Tips for tiling wetroom shower former

GaryM

Hi

I'm just about to start tiling the wetroom floor, I'm happy about the membrane and most things but never attempted the shower former before so does anyone have any tips or advice on the layout and cuts needed for the tiles.

To make a life a bit more difficult the the drain is off centre.

Thanks

Gary

18 hours ago, GaryM said:

Hi

I'm just about to start tiling the wetroom floor, I'm happy about the membrane and most things but never attempted the shower former before so does anyone have any tips or advice on the layout and cuts needed for the tiles.

To make a life a bit more difficult the the drain is off centre.

Thanks

Gary

@GaryMIf you haven't purchased a former yet have a look at the infinity option from On the Level.

This is what I have and it's just 1 slope to the wall so no cuts to make.

Edited by vala

17 minutes ago, vala said:

@GaryMIf you haven't purchased a former yet have a look at the infinity option from On the Level.

This is what I have and it's just 1 slope to the wall so no cuts to make.

Thanks for the reply

The shower former is already installed, It needed to be robust and the same thinkness as the floor. I went for a impey aqua dec, found it new on ebay for a good price. 

I'm quite happy cutting the tiles, another challenge to conquer, just trying to find out the layout to use.

Looking at replies i just need to do diagonals radiating out from the square waste.

2 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That's what I used.  Are you fitting the Impey WaterGuard tanking system as well?

I am on the floor, but for the walls I'm using aqua seal tanking kit, this is a painted membrane. I used it before and it seems to do a good job and a little less price wise than the Impey waterguard.

I haven't used  the Impey WaterGuard before, so will be watching the videos closely, how did you find it?

3 minutes ago, GaryM said:

I haven't used  the Impey WaterGuard before, so will be watching the videos closely, how did you find it?

Very easy.  Just make sure the floor and shower former are clean and dry before starting.  It sticks like the proverbial so get it lined up right before you start peeling the backing off and smooth out any air bubbles as you go.  Then keep it clean and avoid walking on it much until you tile.

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

Very easy.  Just make sure the floor and shower former are clean and dry before starting.  It sticks like the proverbial so get it lined up right before you start peeling the backing off and smooth out any air bubbles as you go.  Then keep it clean and avoid walking on it much until you tile.

Thanks

I'm going to tank and tile the walls first, then look at tanking and tiling then floor and then to finish the tile the last bit at the bottom of the walls.