Advice on a ground works quote

hbooth

Hello all I'm hoping that some of you may be able to help. I've been given a quote for ground works and upto DPC and wanted to ask if the price seems about right as I really have no clue. We're building 200 sqm (So 100sqm footprint) in Lincolnshire, the ground is fairly flat and level-ish, I'm told it's it's chalk soil and there will hopefully be no big surprises when breaking ground.  Here are the details listed in the quote along with the price. It's covers the materials and labour for the items listed:

Groundworks, drainage and building of the dwelling to DPC level including Bio digester drainage system.

Included in the Quotation is;

Foundations for the house @ .900 deep allowing 34m2 gen 1 concrete,

Foundations built to DPC with blue engineering bricks

Services laid to the site boundary and foul drainage installed and connected to the Bio-digester,

Top water drainage laid to soakaways,

Oversite prepped, sub floor laid with 150mm Kingspan and casted off with easyflow @ DPC,

Driveways paths and patios hardcored as per the plans,

Spoil taken off site and cleared,

Gardens levelled off to finished levels,

Overages on concrete will be charged for depending on the foundation depths required by local building control.

Excluded from this Quotation is,

Site Harris fencing to comply with current HSE standard,

Container for site storage,

Underfloor heating to be installed by others once prepped ready

Once complete site will be left in a clean, safe working environment.

Costs for the above works £48,851.01 +vat

To provide you with another level of security confirm in writing whether the quotation includes complying with all the current building regulations and recommendations ( Building Standards) in Scotland and the tender drawings. You'll be surprised how encompassing this can be.

Hi @hbooth how many other quotes are you waiting for to come in ?  As long as they all quote like for like it will soon become apparent where you need to be with the price . Looks a bit heavy to me but getting out of the  ground can be an expensive business.  

So the detail doesn’t meet the plans - floor build up is different to start with than the section drawing notes. 

There seems to be a number of retaining walls which makes me think there is a level change somewhere on site - that will also give issues with muck away and leveling. 

Also worth noting your Architect has put a note under the GF shower room about having doors opening outward to meet Part M BRegs, then has drawn it opening inward ….