UFH controls - room stats for cooling?

Conor

About to buy the control gubbins for our ufh system. Coolenergy ashp to buffer then three manifolds, each own zone.

Are there wireless thermostats/controllers that can be set for cooling? I'm aware of have to manually set the ashp to cool the buffer tank.

Cheers.

Edited by Conor

while there are stats that can be switched between heat and cool (chinesium wifi ones, for example) and some manual stats with changeover contacts, you might not actually need anything? The ASHP is just looking for the dry contact closure to turn on, so setting the heating stat to max (a programmable one, so you can choose a time period for the cooling) will bring it on and the buffer will already be at setpoint once the mode is changed on the controller.

Alternatively give Chris a shout, there are a couple of undocumented inputs on the unit that might help. I've been meaning to ask myself, but it hasn't been pressing.

The normal on-off control is on the "AC linkage switch"  ID3, but there are also inputs ID2 "linkage" ID4 "cooling linkage" and ID6 "heating linkage"; maybe he can clarify whether these can be used as demand inputs or whether they hard code the unit to a single function on demand?

3 hours ago, dpmiller said:

while there are stats that can be switched between heat and cool (chinesium wifi ones, for example) and some manual stats with changeover contacts, you might not actually need anything? The ASHP is just looking for the dry contact closure to turn on, so setting the heating stat to max (a programmable one, so you can choose a time period for the cooling) will bring it on and the buffer will already be at setpoint once the mode is changed on the controller.

Alternatively give Chris a shout, there are a couple of undocumented inputs on the unit that might help. I've been meaning to ask myself, but it hasn't been pressing.

The normal on-off control is on the "AC linkage switch"  ID3, but there are also inputs ID2 "linkage" ID4 "cooling linkage" and ID6 "heating linkage"; maybe he can clarify whether these can be used as demand inputs or whether they hard code the unit to a single function on demand?

That all means nothing to me. Keep this up David and you'll be over setting this up for ?

OK for @Conor, @Marvin and anyone one else that happens to trip over this searching for info on the CE-iVT  heatpumps. The function of the un-noted inputs is:

ID2- "emergency stop" input , used when the controller is in a commercial fridge or similar

ID4- cooling mode hard setting

ID4- heating mode hard setting

both ID4 and 6 override the mode chosen in User Mask

Also... even tho the modes in User Mask are heat+DHW and cool+DHW, the unit can actually auto switch between these modes using the settings in page U10 of the user mask "AmbTemp switch". I'd wrongly presumed this was for bivalent boiler control...

• Like 2