Wobbly insulation on B+B floor

crispy_wafer

Managed to sort out the DPM, now I'm back with another Q  I've trial fitted a couple of the PIR boards on the block and beam floor, I've noticed a little rocking up and down when walking over them, the beams are slightly higher than the blocks and where the board finishes mid span, there is no support.  Is there a tried and tested method of resolving this as I expect this will cause an issue later on with the screed if not dealt with?  It's 150mm PIR so not exactly flexible.

I'd though about a sand/cement layer, maybe thin slithers of insulation board, or timber as a packer under the edge...

Think I'm going to lift and put some sand down, I've got a pile of soft sand leftover so that'll do, and as it was only a couple of boards I put down it's no biggie.  It's all benefit of experience, which I don't have so not going to take the chance.

I've Just had this issue with my build. Turns out the weight of the screed was enough to push the boards down and now feel pretty solid. But......My builders decided that when taping up the seals on the DPC (laid over the insulation to protect the foil) they would also stick said dpc to the wall. That combined with the expansion strip, (also stuck to the wall) around the perimeter meant that everything was pretty dam secure.

The problem is that the weight of the screed has pushed down the boards down and left the screed around the edges in an unsupported hammock made of dpc.

Moral of the story....use 25mm free moving perimeter insulation, rather than just a expansion strip.

• Like 1