Contamination Survey / Building Regs

BadgerBadger

Our plot is a blank greenfield site, and at time of purchase we had a basic desktop Groundsure screening report that showed nothing to indicate any potential contamination.  No problems obtaining planning permission, with no mention of contamination other than ticking the "not known to be contaminated" box on the form.

We're now going through the full plans check for building regulations - do we have to do anything further to prove there's no contamination? Or does it just get approved if there's generally nothing to indicate otherwise?

You are going to have to submit a site investigation survey at some point - this will involve soil samples that are tested.  If you are worried about an area (maybe you have done some clearance and had site fires) then direct your engineers away from any potential 'hot spots'!

1 hour ago, BadgerBadger said:

Our plot is a blank greenfield site, and at time of purchase we had a basic desktop Groundsure screening report that showed nothing to indicate any potential contamination.  No problems obtaining planning permission, with no mention of contamination other than ticking the "not known to be contaminated" box on the form.

We're now going through the full plans check for building regulations - do we have to do anything further to prove there's no contamination? Or does it just get approved if there's generally nothing to indicate otherwise?

Our first one was part of a farm so required full contaminated survey 

and 3 d model I found a company that did this as a desktop study But did warn me they may require

They didn’t 

Our next two plots are part of a Agri field No contamination required 

It all Varys from borough to borough 

As part of our ecology survey I asked them to mention the land had no contamination