26 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Mains or 12 volt

depth of cable

run in flower bed or under slabs etc?

powered from?

rcd/rcbo protection?

Lights are mains

Cable is on the surface i.e. across a flat roof

Intention was just to stick a plug on it as it enters the house and straight into a socket. 

Consumer unit is modern ( so has at least one of those ? )

59 minutes ago, pocster said:

What cable do I need? Preferably cheap!. Just to connect to some out door lights . Will be 'hidden' externally i.e. can't be walked on etc. so assume don't need armoured??

Armoured not needed, 0.75mm2 3 core (assuming fittings are metal and therefore need earth). Push it through plastic conduit or even UFH pipe or garden hose anywhere it’s open to being walked on or buried etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You’ll still need a conduit for basic mechanical protection, minimum. This gives a decent mechanical fix too. 

I can thread it through conduit no issue. Can't fix it to anything as it crosses my magic underground hell hole.

3 minutes ago, markc said:

Armoured not needed, 0.75mm2 3 core (assuming fittings are metal and therefore need earth). Push it through plastic conduit or even UFH pipe or garden hose anywhere it’s open to being walked on or buried etc.

Perfect - loads of spare ufh pipe etc.

Just now, TonyT said:

0.75mm??

depends on the length of the run, seems a bit weedy to me.

maybe worth while putting a socket outside rather than drilling a flex through the wall and plugging it in- it’s dog rough

It's only a short run. 6 metres or so. I've got a gert big hole in the wall already which I intended to use.

22 minutes ago, markc said:

One light? I didn’t see anything mentioning halogen floodlights. I figure LED feature lamps so maybe 10 fittings @ 10w each. Less than 1 amp even with some voltage drop.

I was going to run a cable length to each light individually - because I like a mess of cabling 

• Haha 1