Wet saw blade recommendations

vala

So I was fortunate enough to get a 'barely used' Montolit Perfetto blade off a friend. I'm starting to wonder why he offered it to me (FOC so can't complain) as it take ages to cut. Feels like its struggling and I'm completing a cut at maybe a couple of mm a second....and there 1000mm tiles. The cuts are pretty clean though and just needed the faintest of touches with a 200grit grinding cup.

Is this how its supposed to be with regards to pace?

I've got a Montolit blade in my angle grinder and that cuts through much easier/quicker albeit rougher (didn't matter too much as the cuts were on the outside and would be hidden by the wall tiles.

But I will need to do some cuts around the windows so would like these to be as clean as possible.

I've seen a 'cleaning/sharpening' block on ProTilerTools, worth trying this out? Or just going with the Rubi or Vitrex as recommended by @Nickfromwales and @Gone West?

A couple of mm a second is plenty of pace, after all you don’t want to get 900mm down a 1000mm tile and then shell the edge in a rush.  ;) How do you find the last inch to nothing on the cuts? On the grade 5 stuff I really struggled with I also then had issues with the tile breaking away before the machine completed the cut. Some foul language came out of me on that job. 
I ended up cutting into the finish side an inch, then turning the tile around and then cutting right through to meet that starter cut.

Just go slow and steady, it’s not a race! ;) 
Cleaning up with the diamond cup afterwards is sadly the likely way forward if you want super-fine finishes. 

Hi @Nickfromwales

Good to know. I was starting to think he gave me it as it was knackered!

Worth getting one of those cleaning/sharpening blocks up to use in between x amount of cuts?

It cuts neat and tidy the whole way through the tile although I do slow the pace right down when getting towards the end. Only issue is a slight breakaway on the underside of the last few mm but, as it’s on the underside it’s not seen or interfere’s with anything.

There’s definitely a squeaky bum moment as I’m cutting them as they’re only 6mm thick so it feels like at any moment they’ll crack. When testing I did have 1 crack but thankfully it was on an offcut area!